The average TEFL Certified teachers earns on average 20% more in salary then their non-certified peers. If you calculate this cost-benefit, the difference in salary can be substantial!
- Intrinsic: You acquire skill sets for developing ESL Lesson plans.
- Salary: A TEFL by itself will marginally increase your salary. Experience combined with a TEFL will greatly increase your salary upwards of 20-30% over non-certified teachers.
- Diverse Location Possibilities: Many prime destinations require a TEFL, having one opens doors to the possibility of working in these locations.
- Placement Preference: You receive priority placement over non-TEFL certified delegates.
- Resume Building: Being a credentialed TEFL Intructor looks great on a resume.
- Employer Noticability: International work experience places you in an especially desirable position for hiring managers.
TEFL Books & Lesson Planners
Our former teachers were kind enough to compile a list of the resources that worked best for them during their teaching experience abroad. You can find a list of teacher recommended TEFL Books, references, Lesson planners that are available for purchase by clicking on the following link: TEFL BOOKS AND ESL LESSON PLANNING RESOURCES.